I talked to E again last night. I’m going to see her again later. We’ll see how things go. In the meantime, I’m racking up a hefty Celcom bill.
Yesterday, I saw Aqilah and her cousin. I told them about the developments with E.
“Did you tell her she has to do it?” Aqilah asked.
“I didn’t make it a condition for it. It’s not something you can force a person to do.”
“Yeah,” she said, “and when two people are close they naturally become interested in what the other is doing. She might come to it on her own.”
“Yeah,” added Fara. “I suspect she might do well at it. After all, she is quiet and strong.”
E IS quiet and strong. She’s not the kind of person that has to be blabbing her every feeling to you all the time. She has some self control.
She can also communicate intimately, though. When I saw her in August last year, I was going through a crabby spell. She finally burst into tears and said, “I’m sad because i made a lot of effort to make you happy and comfortable here and it seems like you don’t appreciate it.” Woah. I felt an ache in my heart and immediately realized that I had been acting like a tool.
I think she’ll be able to discipline kids too. Her family was very strict with her when she was growing up.
“They would lock me in a storage space when I was naughty.”
“. . .”
“Only for five minutes, though.”
Apparently, her dad was particularly strict about the way she held her chopsticks.
I met her dad in August. He seemed like the coolest guy. He came right out on the street to meet me and help me carry my stuff in. Most fathers in his culture are not so welcoming to potential suitors of their daughters—especially like me.
It must be tough to have a teenage daughter. Alex recently quipped that letting a teenage daughter out on a date must be like “handing a priceless Stradivarius over to a gorilla.”
Perhaps someday I’ll find out what that’s like. Perhaps someday I’ll have a girl.
A half-Chinese girl.
2 comments:
mok gik bertapok! hahahah...
aih.. bila ku bertapok??
Post a Comment